In elementary schools, Le Petit Atelier offers music programs in the classroom, and assists teachers in the individual evaluation of the students for report card purposes. Based on the Orff pedagogic approach, the workshops stimulate children to get actively involved in various fun musical activities, which allow them to better assimilate and learn the musical concepts prescribed by the Ontario curriculum. For each elementary level, the program includes listening, interpretation and composition activities.
With a dynamic and interactive approach, children will:
- Explore and experience the basic musical concepts such as beat and rhythm, pitch,
tone colour, and dynamics.
- Discover and develop their musical abilities.
- Learn songs, games, and musical techniques and concepts.
- Listen and analyse musical compositions from various genres and diverse cultural origins.
- Better understand and appreciate music.
The programs are offered in series of 6 to 10 workshops. All instruments and required materials are supplied, and written exercises are corrected before they are handed to the teachers.
Please contact us for more information on our school programs content, and pricing.